At some point in every pet's life, they will be faced with an illness. Sometimes these illnesses can be easily diagnosed and treated. However, there are a few diseases in pets that are more difficult to detect, diagnose and treat and can be life threatening if left un-diagnosed. When these more difficult diseases arise in your pet, you need a veterinarian that will offer the most complete, comprehensive diagnostics to best explain your pet's symptoms and how to best treat the disease.
At Elam Animal Hospital, our veterinarians attend yearly conferences to continue their education past veterinary school and to incorporate the latest developments and trends into their everyday medicine.
Our modern facility allows our veterinarians to practice the most current medicine through use of:
- Digital Radiology (x-rays)
- Laser Therapy
- Telemedicine (consulting with a variety of specialists)
- Teleradiology (sending x-rays to a boarded radiologist for review)
- Full in-house Idexx blood and urine machines for nearly instant results.
- Cytology (looking at cells under a microscope, as in a mass)
- Tonometry (eye pressure)
- Blood Pressure
- Access to the Idexx outside lab for any other more complicated tests.
Our veterinarians are experienced in the management of many diseases, including, but not limited to:
- Complex endocrine disease (diabetes, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Cushing's disease, Addison's disease)
- Dermatology (allergies, fleas/ticks and external parasites, infections, immune mediated disease)
- Heart murmurs and vascular diseases (heartworm disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy/HCM, endocarditis, mitral valve insufficiency)
- Neurology (intervertebral disc disease/IVDD, seizures, inflammatory and infectious brain and spinal diseases)
- Oncology "cancer" (mast cell tumors, lymphoma, osteosarcoma, soft tissue sarcoma, and many others)
- Ophthalmology (glaucoma, traumatic proptosis, ectopic cilia, entropion, uveitis)